CURBSIDE PICKUP BY APPOINTMENT PROGRAM
The cleanup by appointment program is designed to assist homeowners with pickup of large bulky items that are difficult to bring to the Township Recycling/Trash Center.
Each household is permitted TWO trash pickups by appointment per year and ONE brush appointment per year.
Pickups are not scheduled for places of business or multi-family dwellings.
Please be advised that curbside/bulk pick ups are done between the first week of January to the first week of October.
PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT WHEN CALLING FOR AN APPOINTMENT, THEY ARE ASSIGNED BASED ON AVAILABILTY AND MAY BE SCHEDULED 4-6 WEEKS FROM THE DATE YOU CALL 732-562-2390.
GUIDELINES FOR TRASH PICKUP APPOINTMENT
Our normal work hours are 7:00 am to 3:30 pm (July & August Fridays only), 6:00 am to 2:30 pm).
It is important to note that these rules are strictly adhered to. Our drivers will not pick up items that do not meet the Guidelines. To ensure that everything is picked up efficiently, please take a moment to read over the Guidelines listed below:
- All debris must be at the curb no sooner than the night before and no later than 7 am on the date scheduled (6 am Fridays only in July – August).
- The following items will not be picked up: grass clippings, leaves, kitchen garbage, rock, dirt, concrete, chippable brush, all types of tires, recyclables, electronics, or hazardous waste.
- Debris generated by home improvement contractors will not be picked up.
- We will pick up used appliances, furniture, carpeting
- No clothing or paint will be picked up curbside
- Please package debris making bundles no heavier than 50 lbs.
- Lumber must be bundled no longer than 4.5 feet.
- Doors must be removed from refrigerators and freezers.
- No more that five cubic yards of debris will be picked up (which looks like approximately the size of 2 ½ office desks or 15 ft. long by 3 ft. wide by 3 ft. high).
GUIDELINES FOR BRANCH PICKUP APPOINTMENT
- BRANCHES PUT AT THE CURB MUST BE TIED WITH STRING.
- The bundles must be tied no wider than 1 foot in diameter.
- We will not take any branches longer than 5 feet in length and no wider than 4 inches in diameter.
- Any bundles containing construction type wood, metal, or any foreign objects will not be picked up.
- Please stack bundles neatly at the curb, making the pile no longer than 10 feet in length, 5 feet deep and 4 feet high.
- Christmas Trees will not be picked up. Please take them to your local Firehouse.
If you wish to cancel your appointment, it must be done within 24 hours of your scheduled date, or it will count as one of your yearly pickups.